We take user privacy very seriously. Unlike other email apps, Canary Mail does not store personal user data such as email content, credentials (usernames & passwords), and access tokens on our server. Email is fetched from the device and stored on the device.
Canary Mail uses the following third-party services:
- Fabric / Crashalytics (for debugging / crash reporting)
- Firebase / Digital Ocean (for storing anonymized hashes to facilitate certain app features)
- Google Analytics (for understanding aggregate app use)
- Hockey App (for app updates in the Mac beta channel)
- TestFlight (for app updates in the iOS beta channel)
- Google Drive / Dropbox (optional, to conveniently send large attachments)
- Clearbit (optional, to fetch user display photos)
- Canny.io (optional, for bug reporting)
You will find more information about the same below.