Setting up an AOL account in Canary requires an app specific password at the time of login.
1) Open the Canary Mail on your iOS device.
2) At the upper-left corner of the screen, tap the Menu icon.
3) In the upper-left corner of the screen, tap the setting icon.
4) Tap on Add Account
5) Tap on Other.
6) Enter your AOL e-mail address.
7) Enter the app-specific password you created for Canary.
8) Enter an arbitrary name by which Canary will refer to your AOL account.
9) Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From header in outgoing messages.