Easy, Elegant, Email Client for Mac (Beta)
All I can say is that wow, the app is just beautiful!@ardadev
[Canary] is REALLY nice. This may finally be a worthy successor to Sparrow.@jeffcouturier
I am really enjoying it. It just... works!@jpixtwit
[Canary] is by far one of the best, if not the best, email client ever on OS X.@yuleunammi
This seems like the Mailbox for Mac that we all wanted!@zkahn94
Ms. Minimalist and Mr. Feature-Rich finally got married! Kudos, Canary Mail team!@jpaulfreelancetycoon
Very pretty and very fast! I like it!@greg
I must say that the Canary Mail team puts almost every other development shop to shame. The speed with which you are iterating on Canary Mail is astounding!@derek
The ease of deleting, archiving, etc. is amazing!! Just what I've been looking for, you guys are awesome!@tammygreer
This is a compelling app and one that’s pleasant to use. Nice job!@henry
Thanks for creating such a fabulous email client. It’s rapidly becoming my fave and I’ve used just about everyone of them since the early beta’s of Mail.@t55
As an early adopter of Canary, I’ve been extremely impressed with its overall UX, UI, visual design and just as important, with the developers who’ve done an incredible job communicating, iterating, fixing, tweaking and constantly releasing updates to make Canary the best email client on the market!@mdb
Much applause .. [Canary] has seamlessly become part of my everyday routine!@chrisslowik
I have been using Canary as my default mail client with 5 accounts. I'm really liking it. Fast and light. Nice UI design.@oscaralaniz
Man is the syncing and overall response in CanaryMail fast!@jp
Amazing how polished Canary looks.@morrismh
I am a huge fan of how every version works better and smoother.@yurigrinshteyn
Canary notifies you instantly when your email is read.
Declutter your Inbox in an instant and deal with emails at your convenience.
Canary features a unified inbox and supports Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, FastMail & universal IMAP.
Your emails are encrypted and stored locally and securely on your Mac, not on an online server.
Canary supports labels & social/promotional email segregation that Gmail users love.
Quickly find, download, and open every file that you've ever sent or received.
Compose at the speed of thought with inline replies and direct keyboard shortcuts for your favorite contacts.
Instantly find an email with powerful predicate-based search that works even when you're offline.
Canary is engineered to offer an incredibly snappy user experience, with minimal CPU & RAM use.
Canary will have both free and paid versions when we launch on the App Store.
Tweet to @CanaryMailApp for a Slack invite.
No. Canary does not store any user data (including credentials, access tokens, emails, etc) on our server.
We store tracking pixels (no personally identifiable info), for a limited time, if read tracking is enabled. None otherwise.
Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, Outlook, Office 365, Exchange (IMAP), FastMail, Zoho, Yandex, and most other IMAP providers.
You should see checkmarks next to emails sent via Canary in the Sent folder, as well as in the Activity Stream (glasses icon in the top bar).
It means someone has read your email, or there is a new version available.
Canary -> Check for Updates
By default, Canary will switch to light and dark themes automatically based on the time of day. You can also set themes manually via Window -> Appearance
Preferences -> General -> Keyboard Shortcuts
You’ve likely hit your provider’s session limit - try signing out of other clients / devices and try again in a couple of minutes.
Enable ‘Copy to Sent’ via Preferences -> Accounts.
You can help spread the word by recommending Canary to your friends and family, and you can help with translation / localization!
Version 131 adds support for templates (canned responses)!
• Cmd+Alt to swap avatars for account icons
• Ability to dismiss items in Activity Stream
• Option to see unread or total count in icon badge
• 'Copy to Sent' enabled by default for all accounts
• Option to auto-update (experimental)
• Respect Reply-To, if set
• Smarter tracking updates
• Fix crash on setting shortcuts in foreign language(s)
• Fix crash on adding recipients in Compose
• Fix clicking on notifications didn't activate window
• Fix Dropbox icon appearing dark in dark mode
• Stability fixes
• Giphy Integration (Experimental)
• Dropbox Integration (Experimental)
• Fix messages not opening in popout windows
• Fix rendering issues for specific newsletters
• Correctly use default font
• New shortcuts: (Inbox, Starred, Sent, Drafts, Archive, Trash)
• Shortcuts (n) & (p) work more robustly
• Stability fixes
• Correctly save Exchange credentials
• Warning + custom shortcuts for purge/re-index/re-sync
• Set default font for compose window & quick reply via Preferences
• Option to auto toggle light/dark mode based on sunrise/sunset
• Revert to previously selected message on closing search
• Clicking on active account icon scrolls message list to top
• Stability fixes
• Ability to exclude trash & spam from search results
• Keyboard shortcut for adding a label to the selected message
• Fixes message list scrolling when in fullscreen!
• Auto-discovery for OWA/EWS
• ‘Save As’ Option for Attachments
• Ctrl-Click to Right Click
• Open Relevant Email from Attachments Browser
• Improved Fastmail Namespace Handling
• Fix Toggle Avatars
• Maps Integration
• Contact Actions
• Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
• Event detection and calendar integration
• Ability to save default font, size, color in compose window
• Keyboard shortcuts for read/unread, indents, & alignment
• Option to mute sent sound
• Various UX enhancements
• Ability to add links to text when composing an email
• Makes links clickable in message bodies
• Fixes icon color in extended sidebar
• Pop-out messages in new windows
• Adds support for accounts where email is different from username